I wanted to kick off this new year/decade with a blog on the 1st – but guess what…Clearwire still doesn’t work. Apparently “create working modems” were not on their before end-of-month to-do lists. That’s ok, after abandoning my router, I am getting a connection strong enough to allow me to blog my all-mighty resolutions WHILE chatting with a friendly Comcast agent.
Moving on, here we go with Resolutions 2010:
1. Spend More Responsibly: Ok, yes, I did just buy a new snowboard less than an hour ago. That does NOT count as breaking this resolution though. It was on sale, I had a gift card and am splitting the cost with Momma T-K. Therefore it was $84 well spent. I am focusing more on making sure to set aside extra money during the second half of the month, keep putting money in my savings consistently and refraining from weekly $20 happy hours. Yes, I am giddy and all smiles after two margaritas, but $20 and a million calories later – reality hits.
2. Exercise More: Last week I attended my first hot yoga class in months. It was enlivening. The girl that sat next to me asked if class was generally as full as it was, and commented people were probably getting a head start on their new year’s resolutions. Awkwaaard…since I had to own up to the truth that I was doing just that. She seemed nice though. Also, I think I was more flexible/in shape than her, which secretly made me smile. Hey! Just because I am an only child, doesn’t mean I lack competitive tendencies.
3. Fold laundry with 48-hours of drying: Oh sure, you laugh. But do you know how much easier it is to grab almost-matching socks from the laundry bin? Or…even the dryer, depending on if I have company coming and need to hide the wrinkles and piles. Hence, the resolution.
3A. Take immediate break from blogging to fold laundry that has been dry for a week: HA. Yeah, right.
4. Focus on my career: In 4 short months I will have been with Blue Dog for one year. Twelve-months of dog treat bliss. Seriously, I really do love my job. In the past 8 months I have helped redesign our website, taken over customer service/donations, started traveling to events and my personal favorite: product box re-designs. Aside from the speeding ticket I got while working an event in Arizona, job is awesome. This also includes getting my sleep-loving butt out of bed before 8:20 am…sometimes 8:30, and getting to work closer to 8 rather than 9.
5. Drive slower. See resolution 4. Stupid speed-cameras. Arizona is a bunch of cheaters.
6. Switch to Comcast internet: Processing as we speak…my own little insurance policy so I am at least 1 for 6. Win.
Resolutions – GO!